Zion Ev. Lutheran Church Covid-19 precautions
For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal.
2 Corinthians 4:17-18
Out of an abundance of caution please note the following precautions being taken in our parish:
If you are sick stay home and get well, we understand and you can join our church service online. If you are in one of the “high risk” groups, you should consider staying home. Don’t put yourself at risk.
Besides enhanced cleaning and sanitizing of our building here are some specifics for our services:
- Masks are encouraged and required in all areas of the buildings. We will use "restaurant protocols" in the sanctuary. Masks are available for purchase with all proceeds benefitting our grade school.
- Hand sanitizer is available at the entrance.
- We will not be handing out bulletins, they will be on a stand.
- Spread out, we will sit every other pew alternating on each side. “Closed” pews will be roped off.
- We will not “pass” the offering plates, offering will be taken at the door.
- We are doing communion in a “continuous” fashion inviting people up slowly to keep socially distanced. We continue to use a host of additional precautions for communion, to prevent any spread of disease. Besides those who distribute it sanitizing their hands they also have a napkin soaked in alcohol in their hand to eliminate any possible contamination.
- Weather permitting doors will be opened prior to and at the end of the service to avoid contact with them.
Hand shaking is to be avoided.
- Ceiling fans are left on continuously throughout the week to stir the air.
This list is hardly exhaustive. We are taking every common sense precaution to meet or exceed ever changing guidelines.