A Pastor Explains Why He Quit Going to Sporting Events
Son Times - Fall 2015
1. The people sitting in my row didn’t seem very friendly.
2. The seats were hard.
3. The referees made a decision I didn’t agree with.
4. I was sitting with hypocrites—they only came to see what others were wearing!
5. Some games went into overtime and I was late getting home.
6. They played some songs I had never heard before.
7. The games are scheduled on my only day to sleep in and run errands.
8. My parents took me to too many games when I was growing up.
9. Since I read a book on sports, I feel that I know more than the coaches, anyway.
10. I don’t take my children because I want them to choose for themselves what sport they like best.
11. The games were virtually all the same and they followed the same rules every time.
12. The coach never came to visit me.
13. Every time I went, they asked for money.
14. The people in front of me stood up to much.
15. I can stay at home and watch it on TV. It’s just like being there.
16. Sometimes it was too hot, too cold, or it rained.
18. They played some of the same songs every time.
19. Someone else sat in my seats.
20. Add yours here???